Friday, May 30, 2008

school

Over a month since my last post. I'm bad at these things, I can't focus. But for the past week I've been thinking a lot about school. I want to go back and study in a specialized program. Maybe Nursing. Maybe Veterinary Technology. I want a career.

Not a job.

It seems like a lot of people believe that is too idealistic and impractical. Well, I guess that is just me. Always dreaming and asking "what if?" I can't help it. There are too many options, too many opportunities. I need to explore them.

I need to follow through on a goal. I think of ideas but hardly ever set goals. Maybe that is my crutch. I need goals. One step at a time. I get overwhelmed and give up. It needs to stop.

I realize I have a lot of limitations that are the result of my past decisions, but I have to stop letting them get in the way. Those things really worthwhile aren't available without a struggle.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Setting goals is good, but of course you need to make sure you follow through on them to or there's no point! Let me know how the nursing seminar at UMBC goes.