Monday, June 2, 2008

currently

Obsessing over animals. I've even gone so far as trying to quit eating meat. It has been difficult to say the least. Especially with summer cook outs. But Bryan and I are trying. We've tried quite a few different vegetarian brands of mock meat and stuff. We still eat eggs, dairy and seafood products so we're hardly vegan or anything. It has been interesting and challenging so far. I've been eating a lot more seafood than usual. I'm still debating on whether or not I should even eat seafood. Sometimes I feel hypocritical but I think it is such a grey line to what is inhumane and sanitary and what is not.

I found a Veterinary Technology Program at CCBC Essex but there wasn't a whole lot of information on the website. It will be difficult for me to go back to school because of work and financing MORE education, but I'm looking into it. It's difficult not to be discouraged because I have so many hurdles to jump to get back to school. That and I want to make sure I really will pursue whatever I go back to school for.

On another note, Bryan and I celebrated one year together. We aren't married or anything but we live together so it was a pretty important milestone for us. We went to lunch at P.F. Changs in Baltimore, then unto Body Worlds, then to see Indiana Jones. It was a really good day and we're super in love and mushy mushy blah blah.

Body Worlds was cool but after one plastinate they all sort of looked the same. I know that sounds really ignorant, but I am pretty ignorant about muscles and anatomy. Besides, I was a little unsettled by the babies. I hope they weren't real, but Bryan said they were. The body is so complex and amazing was my conclusion from the exhibit. Who knew? I think if I had a personal guide through the exhibit it would have been more informative and uber cool, but the displays didn't offer much written text or explainations of what we were looking at. Not helpful for a dunce like me.

The movie was really cool but really exhibited Spielberg's obsession. I don't want to spoil the movie or anything, the plot was a little unexpected but still really good. It has that classic Indiana Jones music and sound effects that I love.

0 comments: