Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Needing a vacation

I'm sure most people feel the need for a vacation, but whatever. Not to sound spoiled although I know that is how I'll sound...Disney World last summer and Ocean City the summer before that didn't feel like real vacations. I'm not a parent yet so vacationing with little ones isn't exactly fun to me....yet. It has it's moments but not when they're crying or being difficult. Also, when I'm broke and generous family members practically pay for my vacation I shouldn't complain!!

This summer I really really want a relaxing but also enjoyable and memorable vacation. But alas I don't think I'll get one. In between visiting family and friends on top of not having any vacation time, I don't think Bryan and I will get a vacation this summer. Maybe I'll try and squeeze in a short beach weekend if we have the money for those expensive hotels.

The trips I have in mind so far are:
Mom and Dad's a couple times
Camping Memorial Day Weekend
Jennifer's Party June 21st
Visiting Mary and the girls for a long weekend
Visiting Jennie and Charlie in July or August

I wish I could afford to visit more people and places but I haven't the time or money. Also, Bryan's schedule makes it difficult to make plans in advance and save for. Blah. So with warm weather slowly creeping into Maryland I am dreaming of all the mini trips I'll take this summer and trying not to think about the office I'm stuck in Monday-Friday. If only I could vent about my new job....the work is great, I'm catching on well. The environment on the other hand leaves much to desire. Hello real world? I don't know...

0 comments: