Friday, November 16, 2007

Happiness Is a Warm Puppy

I actually made it to work this morning at 7am. I have an appointment at 5 this afternoon so I had to be to work early. I should schedule something on every afternoon to force myself to be here at 7am. I swear if I have something to do I can get up (with a struggle, but still). If not I'll sleep until a quarter to 8. Laziness prevails!

I read this slide-show essay this morning and it sort of made clear all my questions about Schulz. I always had a feeling Schulz was a little dark. From other blogs I've read the new Biography about him is a bit of a stretch, but I think it still raises lots of questions and sorta makes sense. This just makes me love Peanuts even more though. And now I want to read this book (even though lots people hate it), maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. Actually, I'll just get it from the library. I probably don't want such a questionable book in my personal library. Still worth a read nonetheless.

Last night Bryan and I joined Leila and Scott along with Manju and Shakira to the Piratez Bar in Silver Spring. I was throughly unimpressed by most of the experience. The random belly dancers were cool. I didn't have enough cash on me to tip them, I felt bad. Otherwise, the bartender reading Valley of the Dolls in a poorly lit bar was kind of strange. Poorly lit is an understatement, I could hardly read my menu. It was nice to get out of the house on a weeknight though.

0 comments: